- Launch ec2-instances on AWS Cloud eg. for master and slave.
- Create roles that will configure the master node and slave node separately.
- Launch a wordpress and MySQL database connected to it in the respective slaves.
- Expose the wordpress pod and the client able to hit the wordpress IP with its respective port.
- For Configuring and launching the k8smulti node cluster I am using my own ansible collection 😅.
- For Wordpress and Mysql we need to create yml files for k8s and deploy them.
Step-1)Launch ec2-instances on AWS Cloud and Configuring k8s Multi-Node
- Install collection
ansible-galaxy collection install rootritesh.k8s_cluster
- Only we need to copy the files from local yml files for k8s of wordpress+mysql to the cluster so that we can execute that.
Step-2)Creating a wordpress.yml file.
- Create a file wordpress.yml
- This file divided into two parts.
- First One for service for exposing the wordpress
- Second: for the deployment of wordpress.
- In this deployment, I have already included the env for hosts, password so that we don’t need to type the hosts at the time of configuration of Wordpress
- For password, I have used Secret.
Step-3)Creating a db.yml file.
- Create a db.yml file.
- Same here also two parts.
- First: for Service, I am using type ClusterIP for making db secure.
- Second and finally: For deployment, in this deployment for the MySQL root password I am using secret.
Step-3)Creating a Kustomization.yml file
- Create a file kustomization.yml
- In this file, I have created secrets and included files for deployment.
Step-4)Running the files
- Launching ec2 on AWS.
- Calling the ec2 role from ansible collections.
- Configuring k8s multi-node and copying files for deployment.
- First I am calling role k8s_master for configuring k8s master and k8s_slave for configuring k8s slave.
- After this, I am copying deployments files from local to remote to the k8s master-slave.
- And finally, running the file using shell module, kubectl apply -k .(this command finds the kustomization file and run it).
- EC2 instance launched 😀.
- K8s Multi-Node Configured 😄.
- When you open Wordpress, you don’t need to add MySQL DB, pass, etc, because at the time of deployment in wordpress.yml, for these keywords, I have used labels.